With the current situation, we wanted to offer some encouragement and recommendations to your inclusive ministry. These notes come out of an abundance of caution regarding the COVID-19 virus.
Our mission is to create space where people with and without disability can grow in faith together. That of course includes space where the health & safety of everyone is a high priority. And remember that many of our Friends may have compromised immune systems and will need extra care during this time.
We encourage you to:
- Discuss precautions with your church leadership. What is implemented at a church-wide level should also be reflected in your Friendship group.
- If you continue to meet as a large group, encourage Friends and Mentors to:
- Always cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve
- Stay home if you are feeling sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Pray with us for communities across the world – for peace amidst chaos, for wisdom in tough decisions, and for God’s ultimate provision of health.