The Nuts and Bolts
Whether you’re just thinking about getting started or you’re a seasoned pro, you’ll find fun and helpful ideas in the sections below.
Gathering Congregational Support
Are you excited about ministry with people of all abilities, but you’re not sure how to convince others how important it is? Try some of these resources!
- Have a look at Worship As One: Varied Abilities in the Body of Christ -the book, and the resources available on our website. In there you’ll find a framework, ideas, and tools to help your church!
- Gather people to join you! Check out this practical advice for engaging volunteers as partners in your ministry.
Keeping Everyone Safe
Your church has policies in place, and we encourage you to get to know them well, so that you can safely serve with people of all abilities. If you get stuck or need extra advice, please contact us. We’re here to help!
- Review our Abuse Prevention Guidelines and Volunteer Disclosure Form. These important documents will help you ensure that you offer a safe place for everyone.
- Tips for Making Art in Friendship Groups
- Painted Banner Project
- Promise Plaque Project
- Praise Sticks Project
- Starry Night Christmas Card Project
Fun and Games
An overview of the TOGETHER curriculum you can use with people of all abilities (and mixed ages!).
Friends should not be only on the receiving end of ministry. This resource will help you find ways to help your friends share their gifts.
A training module created in collaboration with church and ministry leaders to equip small group leaders and participants.
Helpful tips for including friends who may be non-verbal or have a higher level of needs.
A set of model guidelines to reduce the risk of abuse occurring within your group.
This form can help facilitate the screening of volunteers who will help provide a safe environment within your group.